Today… At the edge of our hope… at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in Hussie, but in each other. Today there is not a new nor old reader in here that shall stand alone. Not today. Today we face the updates that are at our door and bring the fight to them! Today, we are canceling the gigapause.
BACK THE HECK UP.
A long time ago, in the original Yugioh anime series, the Pharaoh used a card called Berserker Soul. The card let him continuously attack with his monster over and over as long as he drew monster cards, and kept attacking even after the opponent’s life points were zero.
Konami’s official Yugioh blog just announced that they would be releasing the card as an actual thing to play BUT LOOK AT WHAT THE IMAGE TITLE IS.
THE AS OFFICIAL AS OFFICIAL CAN BE YUGIOH NEWS SITE MADE A SWEET BRO AND HELLA JEFF JOKE IN THEIR IMAGE TITLE.
Let’s celebrate this 4/13 of 2014, Homestuck’s fifth year, with some Fun Homestuck Facts!
- In just a few days (4/16/14), we’ll be celebrating six months of gigapause! That means that 10% of Homestuck’s total longevity thus far has been spent on the gigapause! Woo!
- When Act 6 was first starting, Hussie estimated it’d be shorter than Act 5, calling the latter “the big motherfucker” of Homestuck. Since then, Act 6 has exceeded Act 5 by 618 pages (A5: 2,121, A6: 2,739)!
- For that matter, in terms of longevity, Act 6 currently takes up nearly half of Homestuck’s lifespan! Between 4/13/09 (start of Homestuck) and 10/25/11 (End of Act 5) were 926 days, while between 11/11/11 (start of Act 6) and today (4/13/14) is 885 days! In terms of page count, Act 6 is 40% of all Homestuck content, and it’s not even done yet!
- I’d love to be able to show you exactly when Hussie said Act 6 would be shorter than Act 5, but I can’t! Some time ago, Hussie deleted all of his QnA posts, along with most other content, from his Tumblr account! All that’s left is mostly album announcements, donation sketches, and an account of his trip to Olive Garden!
- On that note, it’s been over a year since the last Homestuck album was released (Cherubim came out in March of ‘13)!
- Hussie has not posted on his own forums in over a year!
- Between 4/13/09 and 10/16/13 (start of gigapause), Homestuck averaged about four pages per day! Assuming that rate were to continue, if the gigapause ended today, we’d be in for a 716 page update!
I hope you enjoyed all of these Fun Homestuck Facts!
Finally, the big Homestuck meetup.
Like I said, I didn’t have anything for Hussie to sign this time, so I asked him to give me his signature as a tramp stamp and he lovingly obliged. His initials are still currently gracing my coccyx.
The middle image is of the big group portrait the local Caliborn put together.
If you or anyone you know was at the SDCC meetup today (Saturday) and they have pics, please let me know! I’d like to try and gather them all in one place.